We are now accepting applications for the following positions.
To Apply for a position: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arts on the Riverwalk Summer Intern
Position Type: Fixed term contract. 20 hrs/wk. 12 weeks.
Salary Details: $8/hr.
Employment Period: May 29- August 18. September 8.
The event intern will provide support to the Arts on the Riverwalk festival hosted by Arts & Education at the Hoyt in downtown New Castle, September 8, 2018. The role will involve a wide range of varying tasks working with event staff, committee and volunteers. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with internal and external communication to
- Encourage participation from arts community
- Generate ideal target audience
- Creating and maintaining distribution lists for current and future use:
- Artist Market
- Short Film & Video Festival
- Staged and Street Performance
- People’s Choice Awards
- Public Demonstrations/Workshops
- Concession/Food Vendors
- Target Audience
- Assisting with program scheduling and logistics.
- Assisting with pre-event promotion and community activities off-site.
- Open Mic Nights
- Event Booths
- Assisting with event set up, administration and implementation of activities at the event
- Proofreading documents and other materials as required.
- Assisting with distribution and collection of evaluation materials (vendors and participants)
- Various research projects to help improve festival operations in future
Time Commitment: The role will be filled during business hours, but some evening and weekend work will be required both on and off-site.
Key Selection Criteria: The intern must be at least 18 years of age and have:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Confident phone manner, strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team, to work independently and take direction as required
- Ability to work under pressure and have flexibility, patience, and willingness to take on a range of tasks.
- High level computer literacy, especially the Microsoft Office Suite. Adobe Creative Suite a bonus.
- Knowledge of and passion for the arts industry and interest in festivals in general.
- Experience working for or studying events, festivals, music or arts
- Attention to detail and a high level of commitment
- Reliability and a mature, strong, work ethic
- Current driver’s license and car
Transport: The successful applicant must be able to arrange their own transport to and from Arts & Education at the Hoyt, pre-event activities and the festival site. A driver’s license and own car is essential.
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
Applications due: May 11, 2018.