Fine & Fresh
17th Annual Wine Festival
Mark your calendars for the 17th Annual Wine Festival on April 21! This year’s “Fine & Fresh” theme is a celebration of healthy living inspired by the farm-to-table movement. Healthy certainly doesn’t mean boring, but rather a focus on fresh, quality ingredients. As in past years, a selection of fine wines and ample hors d’oeuvres will be served throughout the facilities alongside games of chance and raffles to generate an awareness of and support for the Hoyt’s free community outreach.
Farm to Table Basket
This year's raffle celebrates healthy living with a bushel of goodies ranging from hand-crafted pottery and artisan wares to local foods and cookbooks! The basket includes two tickets to and exclusive farm-to-table dinner at Dawson Farms. There, you will enjoy a behind the scenes tour of the working orchard, drinks, and appetizers before dinner, and pairings of wine and beer with each course. Featuring Chef Csilla Thackray from The Vandal. (approximate value: $500)
Wine Tree Raffle
The Wine Bottle Raffle returns with 100 bottles of wine up for grabs! 100 tickets will be sold - every ticket is a winner!
Orin Swift Machete Red Wine 2015
Caymus Cabernet 2015
Frank Family Zinfandel (Napa Valley) 2013
Markham Merlot 2015
Cakebread Cellars Chardonnay 2015
Foley Pinot Noir 2014
Monte de Oro Muscat Canelli
Cheese & Charcuterie Display
- Aged cheddar, smoked gouda, parmigiano-reggiano, brillat-savarin, la tur, chevre goat's cheese, danish havarit and aged provolone
- Assorted imported olives, roasted peppers, and artichoke hearts
- Imported genoa salami, parma prosciutto, capicola, soppressata, chorizo and margherita pepperoni
- Homemade basil & red pepper hummus.
- Assorted artisan & rustic breads, toasted pita, flatbreads, cracker bread, garlic toasted sliced baguette.
- Sweet fig jam, honey, extra virgin olive oil and pecorino romano, French grain mustard, sliced apples, grapes, and marcona almonds.
Chef Attended Chilled Station
- Heirloom Tomato & wax bean salad with olive oil croutons, fresh dill emulsification.
- Potato, snap pea, smoke bacon and brussel sprout salad with shallot-rice wine vinaigrette.
- Miso and black sesame sushi grade tuna served over blanched napa cabbage with ginger and cucumber vinaigrette.
- Homemade apple and aged cheddar sausage served over seared baby bok choy with brown sugar.
Chef Attended Savory and Carving Station
- Fresh basil and course black pepper brined chicken breast served over sweet corn grits.
- Porcini dusted New York strip and prime rib served over truffle Israeli cous cous.
- Roasted eggplant filled with ricotta cheese, fire roasted tomato and sweet onion coulis drizzle.
- Orecchiette pasta with pan sauteed tiger shrimp, cajun vodka sauce and flash fried early peas.
Become a Sponsor
In the last seventeen years, the Hoyt’s Annual Wine Festival has raised over $150,000 to expand and enrich the lives of area youth through participation in the arts. Not only is the event a grand party, but a grand opportunity to impact these children with experiences they might otherwise lack. While guests raise a glass to a fine evening out, the Hoyt raises funds to:
- Hold its free Children’s Summer Art Festival
- Support the After School Arts Program
- Introduce Creative Play, a new program for ages 3-7
- Develop opportunities for the “Arts Club” youth program
- Offer classroom workshops to Lawrence County school districts
- Support interactive arts activities at the annual Arts on the Riverwalk festival
As a sponsor, your tax deductible contribution underwrites many of the expenses that ensure fundraising success. Contact Melissa at 724.652.2882 ext 117 to discuss becoming a sponsor or download the information.