Whether you’ve never been or it’s been awhile, the Hoyt’s Spring Open House is providing visitors with a unique opportunity to discover what one can see, learn and do at the Hoyt this summer - from camps and classes to events and exhibition opportunities.
“Try Me” in the Classrooms, 11 am - 4 pm
Here's your chance to 'test drive' several of our Summer Classes! Materials provided (while supplies last).
- Throwing on the wheel with Nancy Lenhart
- Paint-along with Bryce Harrington
- Digitial Photography with Eric Mastrangelo
- Stop Motion Animation with Tom Stoops
- Cartooning with Richard DiGia
- Summer Art Camp Preview (ages 3-12)
Demos in the Galleries
- Nantucket Basket Weaving with Bud & Carole Sloan (11 am - 1 pm)
- Plein Air Oil Painting with Nancy Hawkins (11 am - 4 pm)
Tours of the Period House (11 am - 4 pm)
Step back in time with our resident historian, Robert Presnar, to appreciate the architecture of Alex Crawford Hoyt’s 1917 Tudor Revival estate. Collections range from furniture and domestic wares to vintage toys and Shenango China.
Conversations for Artists
If you've ever been interested in having a show, or just need advice on presenting your work, these casual conversations are just for you!
- 1-1:30 pm Going Solo: How to apply for a Solo Show with Patricia McLatchy, Exhibition Manager
- 2-2:30 pm The Frame Game: Tips & Techniques to Present your work with Paige Kleinfelder