45th Annual Hoyt Regional Juried Art Exhibition
Emerging & professional artists from the 150 mile radius of New Castle, PA are invited to apply electronically for the Hoyt Regional Juried Exhibition to compete for up to cash prizes!
Reto Thuring, Juror
Curator of Contemporary Art, Cleveland Museum of Art.
First Place: $500
up to 6 Merits: $50
Dates to Remember:
Deadline: Postmark- January 27, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: February 24th
Delivery of accepted works: By March 17th
Pick up works: May 26th
Public Reception: April 8, 2-4pm
Exhibition Dates: April 3 - May 24, 2018
Entry Fee: $25 for up to two entries ($20 for Hoyt members) $5 for each additional entry.
How to Enter: Apply online using the button below or follow the instructions on the Prospectus apply by mail.
- Entries are limited to artists 18+ living within 150 miles of New Castle, PA 16101
- All media will be considered with the following excep-tions: No video or installations.
- Works must be original and completed within the last three years and not previously shown at the Hoyt.
- Work cannot exceed 48 inches in any direction or 150 pounds in weight.
- All work must be professionally prepared for display 2D pieces must be framed & wired: paper works protected by glass or plexiglass. Special display instructions should be clearly noted.
- Arts & Education at the Hoyt has final authority to define what constitutes an acceptable entry. Works may be declined if they are not adequately prepared for display, con-sidered unsafe, or appear to be different from the entry emailed or CD.
For complete details & guidelines, download the prospectus.
Apply for a Solo or Group Show
If you are interested in applying for a solo or group show at the Hoyt or at the off-site locations, please take a minute to review the following guidelines.
While not limited to the following, the Hoyt does emphasize the exhibition of talent from the Mid Atlantic Region of the United States defined as Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware and Washington D.C. Additional eligibility requirements may apply by venue:
Hoyt Main Galleries: Selection is competitive among established artists and/or groups demonstrating mature talent and exhibition experience. Artists must be 21+. Please note that due to the historic nature of the facilities, exhibition spaces cannot be altered to accommodate video and installations. Therefore, these media are discouraged.
The Confluence/Downtown New Castle: The Confluence is a community coffee house and gathering space featuring a stage, library and contemporary gallery space showcasing local art by local artists in the heart of downtown New Castle, PA. Exhibition is limited to artists living within a 50 mile radius of the city.
Applications for solo or group shows are accepted by mail and must include the following:
- Contact Form (download here)
- Description of proposed show
- 10-20 digital images (jpeg only)
- Image list including the title, medium, and dimensions of each piece.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- $25 review fee.
Email to email@example.com or by mail to Arts & Education at the Hoyt, Attn: Patti McLatchy, 124 E. Leasure Ave, New Castle, PA 16101. Materials mailed will not be returned.