Hoyt Regional Juried Exhibition
Emerging & professional artists from the 250 mile radius of New Castle, PA are invited to apply electronically for the Hoyt Regional Juried Exhibition to compete for cash prizes, First Place $600, Second $400, Third $200, and up to 6 Merit awards!
Dates to Remember
Deadline for Entries: Postmark- January 26, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: February 23th
Delivery of accepted works: By March 16th
Pick up works: June 1st
Public Reception: April 6, 2-4pm
Exhibition Dates: April 2 - May 30, 2019
- Entries are limited to artists 18+ living within 250 miles of New Castle, PA 16101
- All media will be considered with the following exceptions: No video or installations.
- Works must be original and completed within the last three years and not previously shown at the Hoyt.
- Work cannot exceed 48 inches in any direction or 150 pounds in weight.
- All work must be professionally prepared for display 2D pieces must be framed & wired: paper works protected by glass or plexiglass. Special display instructions should be clearly noted.
- Arts & Education at the Hoyt has final authority to define what constitutes an acceptable entry. Works may be declined if they are not adequately prepared for display, considered unsafe, or appear to be different from the entry emailed or CD.
How to Apply
After completing the online applications, email images to email@example.com.
Enter by Mail
- Print at Prospectus
- Each image file on the CD must be titled with corresponding entry number indicated. Label the CD in marker including your name, entry number and title of work in the sequence they appear on CD. JPEG file only, cannot exceed 2MB.
- Mail CD, Entry/Notification Card and fee to: Arts & Education at the Hoyt, 124 East Leasure Avenue, New Castle, PA 16101.
$35.00 for up to three entries ($25.00 for Hoyt Members) and $10.00 for each additional entry. Entry fees may be paid online or made payable to Arts & Education at the Hoyt and mailed to Arts & Education at the Hoyt, Regional Juried Exhibi-tion, 124 East Leasure Ave., New Castle, PA 16101. (entry fee is non-refundable)
Juror's notification will be sent by February 23rd.
DELIVERY / SHIPPING
Accepted works must be received at the Hoyt by March 16th. Artists are responsible for delivery and pick up of all works. Return shipping instructions must be included for works shipped. Work can be picked up in person on June 1st. Shipped works by June 8th.
Sales are encouraged. A commission of 30% will be charged on all sales resulting from the exhibition, please price accord-ingly. Checks are issued within 30 days of the exhibition's close. All works not for sale must be clearly marked NFS.
For nearly two decades Kurt Shaw was the Art Critic for the Tribune Review in Pittsburgh. His critical eye and thoughtful commentary literally has put Pittsburgh on the map as being one of this country’s most prominent cultural art centers. His tireless support of the arts was honored by the City Council of Pittsburgh in 2014 when they created what came to be known as “Kurt Shaw Day” on July 8th of that year.
A Carnegie Mellon graduate, Shaw begin his career as an illustrator creating works for the Saturday Evening Post, Cosmopolitan, Esquire and the National Enquirer. He has won numerous awards, among them a Golden Quill for Feature Illustration (1992) and Parenting Publications Gold Awards (2000, 2001, 2003) for various magazine covers. He is listed in the 2000-2001 Who's Who In The West, Marquis Who's Who, as well as several issues of The Guild and the Burridge Index.
As a studio artist, Shaw was commissioned to create large scale sculptural works for Carnegie Mellon, Windjammer Café on Royal Caribbean's Sovereign of the Seas and for Progressive Medical in Westerville, Ohio. He opened Shaw Galleries, an antique map, print and art gallery located on Liberty Ave. in Downtown Pittsburgh's Cultural District and his own work is being represent-ed by Eastside Gallery in Pittsburgh, Marcia Evans Gallery Columbus and Malton Art Gallery in Cincinnati.